My Meal Matrix is a FREE, interactive Web-based tool designed to motivate high school students to reflect on and improve their eating habits. Using My Meal Matrix students electronically record their food intake, review their food record assessment based on Canadian recommendations and set and track a relevant goal to improve their eating habits.
This innovative online tool:
- Is mobile-friendly, and there’s an App for that!
- Uses text or email reminders to help students stay on track
- Provides reflection opportunities to support relevance and engagement
- Addresses influences on eating behaviours
- Has a peer-to-peer learning feature
- Uses a Canadian food database and Canadian healthy eating guidelines
- Provides additional backgrounders on relevant healthy eating topics
- Meets a variety of curriculum expectations and provides opportunities for student assessment
No workshop required! A short online tutorial provides you with all you need to easily integrate this skill-building tool into existing lesson plans. For more information, or to register, go to mymealmatrix.ca.